SUIT DRIVE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for your interest in conducting a suit drive to benefit the clients of Tailored For Success, Inc.!
All donations collected, through your efforts, will be distributed free of charge to economically disadvantaged individuals in our service area. The individuals we serve are referred to us from twenty-five social/human service agencies, welfare-to-work, job training and domestic violence shelters. They are motivated and enthusiastic about making a positive change in their lives. With the clothing donations they receive, their self-esteem is increased and they are able to make a positive first impression on a prospective employer.
Although we appreciate your thoughtfulness and support of Tailored For Success, we cannot accept donations unless the drive has been approved by TFS staff. The following are some general guidelines in running a successful drive:
- Length of drive: It is advisable to limit your drive to a certain number days or weeks. The drive should have a clear beginning and end or you will get bombarded with donations.
- Set up collection sites: There should be a specific area designated to collect the clothing. You can use rolling racks, or wardrobe boxes to collect the clothing which will keep the clothing wrinkle free.
- Post donation guidelines: TFS has specific guidelines regarding the types of clothing we accept. Please post these guidelines so that your donors are not “cleaning their closets” on our behalf.
- Type of drive: you can choose to conduct a women’s, men’s or accessory drive to benefit the clients of TFS.
- Donation receipts: All donors who wish a receipt will be provided with one. There are two ways to accomplish this (1) collect names of donors on a sign-in sheet or (2) collect business cards from donors. It is important to us that we acknowledge all donors with a receipt and/or a letter. We do not place a monetary value on the donations that is the responsibility of the donor. Therefore, your donors should feel free to value the donations as appropriate.
- Appoint a point person: Having a person(s) responsible for the drive will be very helpful in terms of answering questions that donors may have and for arranging a drop off day/time.
- Arrange for delivery of donations: We are a small nonprofit organization and do not have the resources to pick up donations. Therefore, arrangements must be made by the organizers to have the donations delivered by messenger service or dropped off by volunteers.
All deliveries are made to our resale/consignment boutique: Tailored Impressions, 15 Washington Street South, Malden, MA.
If you are interested in conducting a clothing (or accessory) drive to benefit the clients of Tailored For Success, please contact us at (781) 324-0499 or via e-mail.